1.13.2009

stuff...that I like

Here's some stuff I've been enjoying lately...from music and good books to...well, just about anything.

Hebrew-Greek Key Word Study Bible- It's been my go-to for a while...been renewing my appreciation for it lately.

Jon Foreman: "Fall", "Winter", "Spring" and "Summer". Jon Foreman is best-known as the lead singer for the band Switchfoot, and is one of the most talented (and under-rated) songwriters of the last ten years...at least I think so. I also want to buy his new album that just released...so if anyone wants to advance me a birthday gift, just let me know. =)

Ben Shive: "The Ill-Tempered Klavier". Ben Shive is an up-and-coming Nashville studio guy who got his start (and continues to tour/write) with Andrew Peterson, who might be my all-time favorite musical artist. His debut album is beautiful, unique, and definitely off the beaten path. Some great songs on this one.

Glenn Packiam. Blog of singer/songwriter/worship leader with Desperation Band. His thoughts are challenging and often convicting. Read through his archives sometime...good stuff.

Vimeo Great alternative to YouTube...with a 500mb upload limit...allows you to upload files longer than the YouTube max of 12(?) minutes

Twitter Social Networking site where you update/communicate/share ideas etc. in 140 characters or less...check. it. out. (once you've signed up, you can follow me here, at your own risk.) =)

Dave Barry: 2008 Year In Review
This one will take a while, but it is well worth the time...really funny!

Shakespearean Insulter you just have to see for yourself, thou dissembling milk-livered mammet!

Well, I hope at least one of these links piques your interest. Surf safely, and goodnight.


-Rob



2 comments:

Trail Rated said...

Ill be checking on Ben Schive, and I'm definitely in agreement on AP. I've also been listening a lot to Laura Story.

rob miller said...

Yeah, her latest album is great! She'll probably be on the "Stuff I like II" post...good to connect with you again man. I miss you guys.