2.17.2006

Slow me down

Things I'm trying to remember over the next 5 days;

1. This too, shall pass...
2. That I always have a choice about how I am going to react in every situation
3. People sometimes act mean, nasty, unkind, and hurtful, and there's nothing I can do about it, except remember items # 1 & 2...
4. Family is more important than almost everything else in life
5. Relationships are more important than almost everything else in life
6. Good rest keeps me from being a cranky, over-sensitive jerk
7. Generally, I should listen at least twice as much as I speak
8. God is in control (not the Twila Paris song) and He has lined up events to take place this way for a reason that I know nothing about
9. God is good, and He orchestrates all of life's happenings to work toward the ultimate good of the ones that He loves (and that love Him)
10. Too much fast food will lead to an early death

Someone just lit off firecrackers outside my door. I'm going to go investigate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked that twila paris song... i admit it.

Trail Rated said...

Don't forget God wants you holy not happy, so He's at work - James 1 praise GOD!

I miss you robert. I sang in Church sunday...alone with my new guitar.

Trail Rated said...

Hey! I just noticed that you forgot Bebo in the links section! Is that purposeful?