2.13.2006

Oh, to be a kid once more...

Well, here we go again, another busy week... Sounds of Liberty is recording a CD this semester, and Tuesday and Wednesday evening of this week have been set aside to track guitars, so Saleh (lead guitar) and myself will be spending most of the next couple of days hunched over our instruments, trying not to mess up too much. We will be recording in the studio at Thomas Road, and hopefully by Friday, the band (sans brass) will be done with our part of the album. After that, it's vocals for the next week or so, with a little bit of time allotted somewhere in the middle for the brass line to come in and work out their parts. I still have yet to figure out when I will be in to track vocals for Blessed Be Your Name. I'm still excited about the fact that it even made it on the album. All said and done, it should be engineered, mixed, mastered (?), duplicated and packaged in time for March tour, the 11th-18th. It's a lot to try and squeeze in a month. I have to admit, I'm excited and nervous at the same time to have my name included on such a big project. It's quite humbling to think about. On another note, my sister is getting married on Saturday, and I'm trying to work it out to where I can at least be there for the ceremony. I am really excited for her and Glenn, and I sure do hope I am able to get time off. It will be good to see Hunter and his "Grandparents" too. Well, that's the update on what's going on in the 'burg. I will try to post some pictures of us in the studio over the next week or so, and hopefully some pictures of the DeNapoli wedding too. And maybe a random thought or two. So long.

1 comment:

Trail Rated said...

You are blessed to have such talent, and be recognized for it. Save me a copy of that CD, and I'll pray that you make it home!